To assess developmentally disabled individuals job skills in the community, in order to maker a job match in a competitive employment setting. To train the individual in work and social skills appropriate to that work environment, to record training data, maintain a good customer services rapport with the business and the consumer, and provide follow along support to those persons already working in the community.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and have a good driving record
- Must maintain personal vehicle insurance
- Clear criminal record, (no felony, violent misdemeanor, or active warrant of any kind)
- Prefer at least one year experience training persons with severe developmental disabilities in adult habilitation setting
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Marketing and sales experience is helpful
- To perform job market analysis to identify industries in which to establish employment in the industries that matches the individual’s desires
- To develop relationships in the business community for marketing in order to place four individuals in jobs during the year
- To assess work and social skills of trainees in the community in order to make a good job match and provide the trainee a choice of employment
- Provide on-the-job training to severely disabled individuals so that the 100 percent of the individuals retain the job over 4 weeks
- Develop work skills in the individuals so that 75 percent of them retain the job for more than 6 months
- Utilize behavior management techniques
- Provide transportation for the trainee so they arrive at work on time 100 percent of the time
- Be an advocate for integrated relations with the employer and co-workers
- Negotiate work-related issues with employers, such as schedules, site modifications, etc.
- Utilize fading techniques to withdraw staff or support services within the timeframe specified by the Coordinator
- Prepare and turn in accurate monthly documentation to the coordinator by the 25th of each month
- Prepare and turn in documentation as requested by the coordinator in the time frames requested
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Lifting and moving (e.g. adult service recipients from wheelchair to bed)
Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Pulling (e.g. van doors, people using wheelchairs into elevators)
Pushing (e.g. people using wheelchairs)
Flexing (e.g., reaching)
Bending and Crouching