Habilitation Training Specialist (HTS)
Responsible for assigned individuals; whereby, assisting, teaching, and caring for their needs as necessary for their daily functioning. To understand and implement the individual habilitation plan of each individual served in the community residential facilities. Responsible for assuring individual’s needs are being met and they are receiving support and services enabling them achieve their goals and objectives as defined in their individual plan. Understand the responsibility for assisting individual clients in reaching his/her highest potential in every aspect of their lives in the least restrictive environment, respecting their privacy, and dignity.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Current DDSD training certifications preferred
- Current MAT (Medication Administration) Certification preferred
- Current First Aid / CPR / AED Certification preferred
- 2+ years previous experience
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Driver’s License and car insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Clear background (no felonies, violent misdemeanors, or active warrants of any kind)
- Accountable and answerable for the immediate and direct supervision of the individual in all phases of community living, personal hygiene, safety and emergency needs. Assist the individuals in learning basic domestic duties.
- Responsible for the implementation of the goals and objectives written in the Individual Habilitation Plan. Accountable for all documentation and outcome of the Individual Habilitation Plan.
- Responsible for carrying out all health care plans. Responsible for obtaining required prescriptions and ensuring medication administration policy is followed. Ensure HIPAA compliance regulations and confidentially of individual’s health records maintained.
- Develop and maintain a positive effective relationship with individuals, their families, staff, administration, case management, and other service providers assisting in the coordination of all the needs involved in serving the individuals.
- Coordinate and maintain individual’s appointments, transportation, and schedules, for doctors, work, recreational and leisure activities, in a safe timely manner. Manage individual’s and Gatesway’s funds in accordance with policies and procedures. (All expenditures must be accounted for with an approved receipt.)
- Maintain records and complete paperwork as required by Gatesway and Developmental Disability Service Division. Such as timesheets, mileage, petty cash, medication logs, individual’s progress, visitor logs, incident reports, etc.
- Maintain current certification as required by Gatesway and DDSD and individual’s plan. Complete training required assisting assigned individuals; such as first aid, CPR, MAT, bloodborne pathogens, along with all other requirements outline in the Gatesway policies and procedures and/or individual specific needs.
Essential Physical Functions
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands: Employees are required to be physically able to function without assistance, whereby being able to assist assigned individuals who may require physical assistance. This includes the physical ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; speak; hear; and see. As the responsible employee in this position you must be in good health and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidate must have clean background check and no substantiated reports of client abuse or neglect.
**Background checks are required for all positions within the company and applicants must have no prior record of felony charges, violent/drug misdemeanor charges, or active warrants of any kind. New employees must meet the availability requirements for open shifts to be hired for any open positions. No exceptions.**
If you are a previous employee of Gatesway Foundation, eligibility of rehire will be determined prior to any action with your resume submitted.