Employment Consultant (EC)
To locate and research prospective employers, for the purpose of securing employment for individuals with Developmental Disabilities. To identify the interests and assess the abilities of said Individuals in order to make a successful job match in a competitive employment setting. To develop and maintain a good relationship with the employer and the Individual, acting as an advocate for both parties.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and have a good driving record
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year prior experience as and ETS or EC
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Marketing or Job Development skills preferred
- Good problem solving skills
- Reliable transportation
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work occasional nights, weekends, or holidays
- Clear criminal record (no felony, violent misdemeanor, or active warrant of any kind)
- To perform on-site assessments (within 30 days of authorization) to evaluate the work skills and social skills of Individuals in order to make a successful job match. Assist the Individual in making and informed choice of employment.
- To utilize behavior management techniques when necessary.
- To act as an advocate on behalf of the individual and the employer.
- To negotiate work-related issues with employers, such as schedules and work-site modifications.
- To accurately calculate Milestone dates.
- To meet Milestone paperwork deadlines for Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Submit all DDSD monthly progress reports to the Executive Director of Vocational by the 5th of every month.
- Submit all Waiver billing and CIE billing to the Executive Director of Vocational by the 31st of each month.
- Manage and supervise a caseload of clients eligible for placement, on-site training and fading, and stabilization (on-going support).
- Attend Team meetings and Individual planning meetings.
Essential Physical Functions
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision,distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Candidate must have clean background check and no substantiated reports of client abuse or neglect.
**Background checks are required for all positions within the company and applicants must have no prior record of felony charges, violent/drug misdemeanor charges, or active warrants of any kind. New employees must meet the availability requirements for open shifts to be hired for any open positions. No exceptions.**
If you are a previous employee of Gatesway Foundation, eligibility of rehire will be determined prior to any action with your resume submitted.